Wednesday, September 3, 2008

And Now it is September

September started out with car troubles. DH is outside replacing the fuel pump of our only vehicle. Friends have been so helpful with rides and even lending a truck for a few days. Thanks to all of them.
School is in full swing andthe kids are happy and I relish a few hours alone every day. Work is going well. I am fortunate to work with a great group of people.
Rabbits are growing and eating. Am getting ready for the State Fair next week. I am entering only one angora and four v-lops. However, I think that only one will meet the ear length qualifications. I am keeping records of weight gain and ear length weekly. I want to try to plot out an average of growth rate. Would be nice to be able to predict if the kits will make the 14 inch requirement at 8 - 12 weeks. And I do know that there are exceptions to every rule. But will keep up the records and see what comes of it. One of my little v-lops died last week. I could not see what went wrong. He was fine in the morning and then a few hours later was dead. I could not see any marks on him. His rear was clean and I saw no diarhea or weird looking poops. The other two are doing very well though.
I sold two french angora mixes last week. They just were not the correct body type and size for my program. The new owners wanted them as pets.
Oh, we had two guinea pigs that we thought were both females. Well, about 2 weeks ago we woke up to 3 baby pigs. I guess we were mistaken about the sex. They are so cute and such a contrast from baby bunnies. These guys had all their fur, teeth, eyes open, and were running around on day one.
I lost a roll of film and have not processed the others, however, when I do, I will post many pictures.
Enjoy the last of summer.

1 comment:

A Day in the Life said...

I am interested in buying a kit. Your the only person I've found so far in New Mexico. We live in Glorieta. Do you have any white kits available? Are they registered? my e-mail is herndonl@gmail.com

Thanks,

Laura Herndon