Saturday, April 12, 2008

Growing Up

I thought my kids grew up fast. Not compared to the baby rabbits and ducks.

The litter that was born on Easter is down to 2 that have survived. One was found exposed on the wire and one was a runt that succumbed. The two remaining bunnies are wonderful fun.

Here is a picture of the three. You can see how much smaller the white one is.


And here are the two black ones at 2 weeks.



Tomorrow they will be three weeks old and are already nibbling at hay and some pellets. They are funny to see crawling under their mom upside down to eat. We brought them inside every night due to the cold and brought them out every day to mom to feed and take care of. This picture was right after they had fed. Their bellies would get so full I thought they would burst.



The baby white ducks we got have bonded and are growing up too. They are able to stay outside now.


Bought a blower for the angoras. It works rather well. Better than I thought it would. And I did my first tattoo last week. I need practice. I was concerned about the pain of the tattoo and used some essential oils to help numb the ear. I think I am going to place my rabbits into two groups. One group will get baby orajel and the other group will get the essential oils. Perhaps it won't make a difference.

I finished my pair of socks...the ones that I made at the same time. They are great and I have started another pair. I must say that I love being able to wear the socks as soon as they come off the needle. I also found some circular needles I love. They are from KnitPicks. Wooden circulars size 1. Oh, I have never fallen for needles so hard before. If you get a chance to try them you will see what I mean.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for adding my blog to your links! I really have enjoyed reading through your posts, your baby bunnies are SO cute! I love the ducklings too! Best Wishes!! Whitney