Friday, May 9, 2008

Finally





I have been so busy the last few weeks and am only now finding time to post.

On 5/7/09 we had two more litters. My daughter Anna is breeding Dutch and the brood doe she purchased in early April gave birth to 9 babies. I was out in the barn feeding and playing and noticed that my angora mix doe was pulling fur. I had bred them both on the same day so I put a nextbox in each cage at about 1130. At 1300 my husband came in to tell me that Raina (Anna's dutch) had just given birth. By the time I got out there (all of 5 minutes) Peaches had delivered too. Peaches had 6. They both used the nest boxes and I was certainly relieved to have no kits on the wire.

Here is a picture of Raina's babies:


One of them still had the placenta and membranes over its head and by the time I realized it was too late so, 8 have survived so far.

Here are Peaches babies:


One of them was born with shiny skin (the one on the right) and it seemed like no fur. Today, the skin is cracking and some areas on the head and nape of neck and in a triangle down the back have regular fur. I will try to get a better picture of it.

My other babies are growing in leaps and bounds. Here are pictures of them. I find them hard to tell apart. They will be seven weeks old on Sunday. I plan to tattoo next week.

baby one


baby two.


This past weekend we spent in Phoenix watching the Mets play the Diamondbacks. I have been a Mets fan since I was 13 years old. Many moons ago. I was a fan when Rusty Staub and Willie Mays still played for them. I love going to the ballpark and Chase field is wonderful. I have to admit though, that I find it disenchanting that all sports areanas are named after companies.

I will leave you all with a picture of America's pasttime

No comments: