Friday, May 30, 2008

Catchinig Up


The day we were leaving to go to a rabbit show in Tucson AZ we woke to a late snowstorm. It was so beautiful We had rain or snow the whole trip. It was lovely. Any moisture here is definately welcomed.

We went through Salt River Canyon. The road winds and twists and seems to go straight down and at the bottom the river runs wild. Then it is back up twisting and winding. There was a young man selling jewelry and wire scorpions and spiders. I couldn't resist a purple scorpion. I will add a picture as soon as I get the film developed.

Here is a picture of the canyon from the top.


And here is Anna and my husband at the bottom with the river in the background.



The show was a quad over two days. It was held in the ballroom of a hotel. Nice rooms and a great swimming pool.


I brought my 2 month old french angoras mainly to get some comments. They have great wool for juniors but did not make the weight so they were DQ'd. They were the only french angoras there. I sold one of them to a young girl from Arizona. I kept Jett who is the more promising of the two for my breeding program. I still get excited thinking of starting my own line and she will be bred back to the two bucks. (Not in one breeding of course ;)). I know it will take years but this is the beginning.

Here she is checking out my organic bunny treats that did not sell at all. Oh well, don't know until you try.


Anna brought her Polish doe and was happy to win BOSV and BOSB at two of the shows. It was interesting to see the differences in judges.


My husband bought me a lionhead I had admired. She is named Moonbeam and I will get a pic up of her as soon as they are developed. That he did this touched me more than if he had given me a diamond necklace. She is being spoiled. Has her own little cage inside and I hold her on my lap every evening while I knit. She is just precious. He also bonded with a rabbit. He told me the rabbit must be a reincaration of someone he knew in the 60's.


I also picked up three velveteen lops. One was a bred red doe. One a REW buck and one a broken black doe. I am looking forward in helping with this breed. They are incredibaly sweet. Pics to follow.

I do have pictures of the desert.


And here are the 6 french angorss at 2 weeks. There are 2 blacks, 3 torts and 1 rew. I keep going back and forth on their sex. I think there are at least 2 bucks.


Well, this is getting a bit long so will close here. I hope everyone had a good holiday weekend.

Blessings

No comments: