Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Baby Pictures!!!

Sadly, we lost one of the kits in the nextbox. However, the other three are thriving. Here are pictures of them.




We bring them in during the night with full, round bellies and take them out in the morning looking skinny. When I check on them later, their bellies are round and full again. They move around, sort of jerking. My daughter, Anna, wondered if they were having seizures. To me they seem like Mexican Jumping Beans. They are also making little squeeking noises. Overall, we think they are very cute.

Re-bred Daisy to Thor today. Tried to breed Peaches to Obsidian but she would have none of it. So, will let her be awhile. Thor stomped his foot around for awhile after we took Daisy away. He is turning into quite a character.

Have been learning how to knit two socks at once. Have a book by Antje Gillingham called "Knitting Circles Around Socks". I was doing ok until my 16 inch cable came out of the point. I think I got turned around and so will need to try to take one sock off and put it in the correct position. It is really good to knit both socks at the same time though. I must admit to having several single socks because I just couldn't get up the interest to knit another one to match. I am a lazy knitter, I think, and a slow one but I do enjoy it. Have also been making flowers from Nicky Epstein's book for the patients who give birth in the month of May. I think I have almost 50 which is my goal. And then I need to make leaves and sew them together. I am glad I gave myself a long time before they were due.

Well, should go take a nap. I am working nights this month.

No comments: