Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter Bundles of Joy

I worked this weekend and on Easter morn I was present at the birth of a lovely little girl. I came home and found 4 little bunnies born in the barn. So, a wonderful day of birth. As soon as I can I will get pictures up and show off the bunnies. Their mom, Princess Leia, made a nest for them on the floor of the cage. I had put a lot of straw in there along with the nest box and I had seen her pulling fur a couple of days ago. We are bringing the little ones in at night as it is still getting to the teens. I am keeping my fingers crossed as I know that there may still be some losses but so far their bellies are full and they are warm and moving around.

The other two does I bred at the same time, Peaches and Daisy have not shown any signs of nest making. So, perhaps they didn't get pregnant. I will re-breed them eventually. Meanwhile, I rejoice at the 4 we have.

The ducklings are growing very fast and are very cute. One fell over on her back and couldn't get back up. She was rolling back and forth and making quite a noise. I picked her up and set her to rights and she was back running aroun and pecking at my shoes.

Thor is talking to me again. He seems to like his new cage.

No comments: