Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Bliss

I just returned from the bunny barn. I believe that if everyone could just spend 15 or 20 minutes sitting in the presence of these peaceful animals the world would be a much better place. The warmth of the sun, the rabbits contentedly munching on their food, the little ducklings pecking at my feet and tugging on my pants hem, the aroma of the straw and hay and rabbits, all combined to instill a deep sense of peace in my heart. I wish everyone that feeling.

I have had a lot of responses to my question of color of Peaches. The conclusion is she is a tort. Possibly blue, black, lilac. I have reposted asking what makes a tort? What do you look for? I am trying to wrap my mind around these colors. I am expecting litters this week. Took off the days and am hoping things turn out better than last time. And I would like to be able to tell the colors of the kits. Can you tell their colors when they are born? Do they change as they get older. They say all babies are born with blue eyes and some change. Now, I know that brown and black eyes are common too. I sat in the bunny barn and wondered about that.

I find that I am able to just be in the bunny barn after the work of feeding, watering and cleaning is done. I hope that I will be able to spend more time there now that it is not freezing anymore. Take a respite before I return to the business of working and raising a family.

Well, that is enough rambling for now. Time to return to my knitting.

Bunnie blessings.

No comments: