Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Weather

Living where I do in New Mexico I experience extremes. Yesterday we had a few inches of snow in the morning and a cold wind and warm sun during the day. The day before it got up to 70 degrees. Today, well, started out sunny and warm and now the wind is picking up and bringing with it lots of clouds. The rabbits, of course, take this all in stride and I feel good that they are in a well-built secure house.

We are fencing the area around the rabbit house to have a place for the ducks to wander around. The dog pen in the back gets little sun so it is still filled with snow. I will plant some lombardy poplars and lilac bushes and some roses as they seem to do the best in this soil, sun and wind. I know that the hardest part of caring for the rabbits will be the intense heat we get here in the summer. Humidty is not a problem but heat is. So, I will be getting a swamp cooler to fit in the window and some fans, ice bottles and shading material.

My husband and one of my sons just surprised me by putting up the rest of the fence. How good of them! I was prepared to go out and do it and now it is done. I am planning on surprising my youngest daughter by picking her up from school and taking her to the movies. She is 12 and works hard at school and at home. She has an affinity for animals, especially the small ones. I tell her she should be a vet but she wants to be a chef and cake decorator instead.

I have been knitting roses to give to all the women who give birth at our hospital during the month of May. They are simple and quick. I have some Lion Brand Incredible that I found at the dollar store that is working out very well. I will put a picture up of them when I get my film developed. (Have to get a digital camera one day). I just finished a sweater for my older girl and a hat. Have a shawl I need to get back to eventually. I could knit all day and some days I do that. Figure the housework will be there the next day.

No comments: